If you ever have an opportunity to see an eagle’s nest while birding, do not be surprised by how large...
The term “fledge” refers to the time when an eaglet has acquired the feathers and wing muscles necessary for flight. ...
By the age of nine weeks, an eaglet is showing great mobility and more self-sufficiency. After 10 to 12 weeks,...
As the Bald Eagle approaches week nine and beyond, most of the skills needed to take the first flight off...
Once an eaglet fledges and leaves the nest area for good, it starts its journey in the wild as a...
Almost everyone can spot a majestic adult Bald Eagle with its white head and tail and large body as it...
The Dulles Greenway Wetlands in Leesburg, Virginia, has been home to two Bald Eagles since 2005. In 1995, TRIP II,...
The Bald Eaglet at the Dulles Greenway Wetlands has reached the halfway point of its journey to leaving the nest...
An eaglet is born with fluffy white feathers known as natal down. At eight to 10 days old, the eaglet...
As we approach weeks five and six of the eaglet’s life at Dulles Wetlands, many changes continue, and the eaglet...
- Beaverdam Run Tributary Site Has Unacceptable Ecological Score
- Pickerel Frog and Salamander Show Up for Black Branch Survey
- Chloride Monitoring Data
- Volunteer Spotlight: Jane Yocom
- Limestone Branch Tributary Continues to Receive High Scores for Water Quality
- Goldenrod Provides a Beautiful Backdrop for Birds at Blue Ridge Center
- Action Alerts/Advocacy (51)
- Annual Meeting (10)
- Audubon At Home (11)
- Birdathon (38)
- Birds (56)
- Books & Publications (55)
- Citizen Science (144)
- Eagle Cam (18)
- Field Trips (359)
- Fundraising (16)
- Habitat (133)
- Habitat Herald (377)
- Habitat Restoration (106)
- Highlights (51)
- JK Black Oak Wildlife Sanctuary (35)
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy (70)
- Loudoun's Great Places (18)
- Monarchs (52)
- Native Plants (39)
- Nature Quotes (164)
- News & Events (192)
- Species Checklists (6)
- Surveys and Counts (152)
- The Archives (144)
- Uncategorized (85)
- Volunteers (38)
- Wildlife News (248)
- Youth & Family (44)