By the age of nine weeks, an eaglet is showing great mobility and more self-sufficiency. After 10 to 12 weeks,...
As the Bald Eagle approaches week nine and beyond, most of the skills needed to take the first flight off...
The Dulles Greenway Wetlands in Leesburg, Virginia, has been home to two Bald Eagles since 2005. In 1995, TRIP II,...
The Bald Eaglet at the Dulles Greenway Wetlands has reached the halfway point of its journey to leaving the nest...
As we approach weeks five and six of the eaglet’s life at Dulles Wetlands, many changes continue, and the eaglet...
A newly-hatched eaglet has a lot to learn about the world around it. The most important figures in its life...
With so many web cams now available on eagle nests, it is often seen that either an entire clutch doesn’t...
Under the leadership of Jane Yocom and Carol Sotili, a group of 12 nature enthusiasts who turned out for a...
Join Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy for a bird walk at the Dulles Greenway Wetlands. Built in the early 1990s to replace...
Red-tailed Hawk.Photo by Bruce Hill On January 29 and 30 participants in the bird walks each morning at the frozen-over...
- Writing in Nature: Conversations with Trees
- Volunteers Remove Invasive Wavyleaf Basketgrass at JK Black Oak
- Record Number of Teams Joins Annual Birdathon
- Loudoun Wildlife Supporters Come Together for Annual Meeting
- Butterflies and Clearwing Moths Found at the Willowsford Wet Meadow
- Book Review: A Natural History of the Future by Rob Dunn
- Action Alerts/Advocacy (48)
- Annual Meeting (10)
- Audubon At Home (11)
- Birdathon (38)
- Birds (56)
- Books & Publications (55)
- Citizen Science (121)
- Eagle Cam (18)
- Field Trips (354)
- Fundraising (14)
- Habitat (133)
- Habitat Herald (377)
- Habitat Restoration (106)
- Highlights (50)
- JK Black Oak Wildlife Sanctuary (33)
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy (70)
- Loudoun's Great Places (18)
- Monarchs (51)
- Native Plants (39)
- Nature Quotes (164)
- News & Events (190)
- Species Checklists (6)
- Surveys and Counts (152)
- The Archives (144)
- Uncategorized (85)
- Volunteers (36)
- Wildlife News (243)
- Youth & Family (43)