Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy
Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy inpsires, motivates, and engages people to protect, preserve, and restore wildlife habitat in Loudoun County.
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy seeks an independent self-starter as a part-time (approximately 16-20 hours per week) staff person to serve as our Volunteer Coordinator.
- REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- Develop, manage, refine a volunteer management process that runs through the lifecycle of volunteer needs identification through recruitment/training through engagement/communications and awards/recognition.
- Enter volunteer info into database (new volunteer contact info, interests, engagement activity)
- Manage volunteer coordination:
- Contact volunteer applicants and existing volunteers to match their skills to organizational needs
- Coordinate with program/project chairs and coordinators to determine volunteer needs and facilitate placement of interested volunteers
- Track volunteer engagement
- Lead and/or support volunteer orientation
- Develop volunteer recognition articles
- Support nomination of Volunteer of the Year
- Develop, collect, and report volunteer metrics
- Engage and maintain volunteer team to support outreach event set up/logistics
- Attend program meetings and support other chairs/coordinators doing programs and field trips
- Lead and/or support volunteer programs/projects as needed
- Support outreach events as needed
- Support annual meeting and other events as needed
- Attend weekly staff meetings
This is a paid position at $18/hour. Work schedule will vary and will include some evenings and weekends, depending on program needs. Staff meetings occur during the week.
Position open until filled.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Michael Myers at email@example.com.