Here is Bryan Henson’s account of the bird species spotted on Sunday’s walk.
During the Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy’s Nature Walk at Morven Park, our group of 20 nature enthusiasts walking mostly on the Wood Thrush trail found 32 species of birds with highlights including
* Brown Thrasher family
* Decent looks at female and male Scarlet Tanagers
* Great looks at Indigo Buntings
* Many calling Wood Thrushes
* An active barn swallow nest
* flycatchers – Great Crested, Eastern Phoebe, and Eastern Wood-Pewee
The list is on eBird at
After the walk, 3 of us went to another section of the park and watched
Orchard and Baltimore Orioles, Great Blue Heron, Grasshopper Sparrow and an
active Eastern Kingbird nest.