Doing “business as usual” in the era of COVID-19 is anything but usual. The global pandemic has changed the way we do everything. It affects every aspect of our lives — working, shopping, visiting friends, family, and loved ones, vacationing, going out to eat, and how we recreate outdoors. For the first few months of the pandemic, Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy (LWC) transitioned to offering virtual programs. And now, we are modifying how we host our in-person programs going forward.
With the phased reopening in Virginia, we have been hard at work behind the scenes creating policies and guidelines to be able to offer in-person programs once again. Our top priority is the health and wellbeing of all our volunteers, program leaders, program participants, and staff while creating an enjoyable, safe experience for all. We crafted the below “COVID-19 Participant Guidelines” to that end.
Most of the items contained in the “COVID-19 Participant Guidelines” are similar to changes other businesses and organizations have instituted. However, we tailored these guidelines to address our unique and varied programs. They represent changes to the way we have done things in the past. Notably, all of our in-person programs are limited to 10 participants. This means that people must register for ALL programs including ones that previously did not require registration, such as our regular monthly bird walks. In addition, all registered participants will be sent a link to a new “Participant Waiver” which must be completed and submitted online prior to attending the event.
Please take a moment to review the “COVID-19 Participant Guidelines” and the “Participant Waiver”. Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions, comments, or concerns.
As with all things involving the coronavirus and COVID-19 , these guidelines could be updated at any time as new information comes to light resulting in changes to Virginia Department of Health and/or CDC recommendations or requirements. In-person programs may be cancelled, postponed, or changed to virtual events. We will do our best to keep everyone up to date on any program changes that may be required through email, social media, and our website.
Thank you, in advance, for your cooperation as we navigate our way back to in-person programs in the era of COVID-19. Thank you for your continuing interest and support in making Loudoun County a place where people and wildlife thrive!
COVID-19 Participant Guidelines
Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy (LWC) cares about the health and wellbeing of our staff, volunteers, and program participants, and we are committed to ensuring everyone has a positive experience while attending our programs or events. We have developed these COVID-19 guidelines to minimize the risk of COVID-19 being transmitted at any LWC program or event. These guidelines were developed using guidelines, recommendations, and requirements created by the CDC and the Virginia Department of Health. Each and every one of us needs to do our part to protect the health of one another, and we expect all program leaders, presenters, guides, and participants to follow these COVID-19 guidelines. In addition, all applicable federal, state, and local laws must be followed. Federal, state, and local guidance and regulations are constantly evolving, and LWC’s protocols and guidelines may change as necessary. Participants who fail to follow these guidelines may be asked to leave the program.
- Currently, in-person Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy programs are limited to no more than 10 people in order to comply with social distancing requirements set forth in Virginia Forward Guidelines. Pre-registration is required to participate in all programs. Walk-up participants may not be able to participate due to size constraints.
- Before attending LWC programs, all participants must confirm that neither they, nor anyone in their household, has:
- Tested positive or has been presumed positive for COVID-19 at any time during the past 14 days
- Been advised by a healthcare professional to self-quarantine at any time during the past 14 days
- Been in close physical contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or who has been presumed positive for COVID-19 during the past 14 days
- Been or is subject to a quarantine order or a recommendation of a healthcare professional that it is inadvisable to attend a public event
- Exhibited any of the following symptoms within the last 24 hours:
- Fever of 100.4 or higher or sense of having a fever
- A new cough that cannot be attributed to another health condition
- New shortness of breath that cannot be attributed to another health condition
- New chills that cannot be attributed to another health condition
- New sore throat that cannot be attributed to another health condition
- New muscle aches that cannot be attributed to another health condition or specific activity (such as physical exercise)
- Prior to the program date, a link to a Participation Waiver will be emailed to all participants that must be filled out and submitted online in order to participate in the program.
- In order to limit potential exposure, the program leader(s) and participants who are not within the same household are asked to not pass or share any items during the program.
- Everyone is encouraged to bring and use hand sanitizer prior to, during (if need be), and following participation in programs.
- For personal health and wellbeing, everyone should avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Program leader(s) and participants should do their best to maintain a 6-foot distance from those not within their household, at all times before, during, and after the program.
- Program leader(s) and participants are asked to bring and wear a face mask when in a group or whenever they are closer than 6 feet to anyone not within their household.
- All participation in programs is voluntary and at will. However, in order to protect the health and wellbeing of all participants including staff, volunteers, and participants, LWC presenters, walk leaders, and/or guides reserve the right to ask any participants to leave the program for not following the above-stated guidelines.
Download a copy of the Participant Guidelines