This just in from the Dulles Greenway — yesterday’s Drive for Charity was amazing!
A huge thank you to the Dulles Greenway and all the commuters for making it such a success! The funds donated to the Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy from this Drive for Charity is the single largest donation that we receive and we couldn’t do all that we do without it! Thank you all!
A RECORD HIGH raised FOR LOCAL CHARITIES: $294,500
Drive for charity surpasses $2 million in total donations
May 16, 2014 – Sterling, VA – The Dulles Greenway’s 9th annual Drive For Charity has reached a record high for donations with more than $2,000,000 raised after the $294,500 collected as part of the 2014 campaign. Monies raised will be donated to 5 local charities and the Greenway scholarship program.
“The Drive for Charity has become one of the best fundraiser in Loudoun County by far and the media coverage was unbelievable this year,” said Terry Hoffman, Public & Customer Relations Manager of the Dulles Greenway. “ The 5 charities and our scholarship program are making a huge difference in people’s lives. We are proud to be a small part of making Loudoun County a better place.”
Quick Facts about the 2014 Drive for Charity:
- Thursday, May 15, 2014 was our highest traffic day of the year
- Highest Drive for Charity traffic day in the past 9 years
- In nine years, the Dulles Greenway has now raised more than $2 million for local charities and scholarships.
- Recipients for 2014 include:
- March of Dimes
- Every Citizen Has Opportunity (ECHO)
- Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS)
- Fresh Air/Full Care
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy
- Dulles Greenway Scholarship Program
The Dulles Greenway is a privately owned 14-mile toll road that connects Washington Dulles International Airport with Leesburg, Virginia.
If you have additional questions or need further comment, please contact Terry Hoffman via email at email@example.com or phone at 703-668-0033.