Postponed or Cancelled Events and Programs
July 1, 2020: Northern Virginia has entered into Phase 3 of reopening, we have developed guidelines and protocols to minimize the risk of COVID-19 being transmitted at one of our events. Like many people, we are eager to start hosting in-person programs once again, and the health and safety of our staff, volunteers, and participants is paramount in our decision making processes. We are going to be taking a phased approach to restarting in-person events, slowly adding more programs and events over time. However, due to the uncertainty of these challenging times, some of our scheduled events may have to be cancelled or rescheduled, but we are hopeful they will occur on the announced date. We ask for your patience and understanding during this evolving and ever-changing situation.
At this time, we are not hosting many fee-based programs, but if you have registered for a fee-based event that has been postponed or cancelled, or if you wish to withdraw from an event, we ask you to consider donating the registration fee as a way to help Loudoun Wildlife during this financially challenging year. Of course, we will provide a full refund to anyone who requests it. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. Please consider making a donation today to Loudoun Wildlife.
Here is a list of impacted programs (updated 11/9/2020):
- Youth and Family programs have been postponed until further notice.
- The Wild Shop is closed until further notice. Our online store will remain open.
- Audubon-at-Home has re-started site visits in accordance with LWC’s COVID-19 Participant Guidelines
- Many of our regularly scheduled Volunteer Opportunities have been put on hold. For more information, visit the Volunteer page.
Here is a list of impacted events (updated 11/9/2020):
- The Bingo for Charity events at Crooked Run Brewing have been postponed.
- We will continue to post updates on our website and social media about future events. Please check our Events calendar for information about individual events.
This situation is constantly evolving, and we will relay information as we have it available.
As always, please take precautions including practicing good hygiene, social distancing, and if you are sick or showing symptoms of illness, please stay at home. Thank you for your support, and remember that nature is still beautiful and better days lie ahead.