Postponed or Cancelled Events and Programs
In response to ongoing COVID-19 developments, Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy is going to limit our programs and events. We care about the safety and health of our staff, volunteers, members, and participants, and we will follow guidelines set forth by local, state, and federal agencies. We have many members who are part of at-risk population segments. Our collective actions are not for those who are healthy, but for those who are most at-risk.
This situation is fluid and dynamic, and we will continue to post updates on our website and social media as necessary. On March 15 the CDC issued a recommendation for organizers to cancel all events greater than 50 people for 8 weeks. This recommendation impacted many of our events, including our iconic spring fundraiser, Wine for Wildlife, and our annual Spring Native Plant Sale.
On March 30, Governor Northam issued a stay at home order through June 10th. Therefore, we are going to postpone some of our activities indefinitely, and some of our events will be canceled altogether. We are also exploring doing some of our events virtually.
The Governor’s order will impact our Celebrate Birds events and our annual Birdathon scheduled to take place in early May. We are rescheduling the Birdathon to occur during fall migration. Typically, there are fewer bird species present during fall migration than during spring migration, but we still plan on offering a variety of birding programs to accompany the Birdathon.
If you have registered for a fee-based event that has been postponed or canceled, or if you wish to withdraw from an event, we ask you to consider donating the registration fee as a way to help Loudoun Wildlife during this financially challenging spring season. Of course, we will provide a full refund to anyone who requests it. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have. Please consider making a donation today to Loudoun Wildlife.
If you have volunteered for an event that has been postponed or canceled, our Volunteer Coordinator, Kim, will contact you.
Here is a list of impacted events (updated 4/2/2020):
- All events through June 10 are postponed or canceled.
- Wine for Wildlife at Sunset Hills Vineyard, 3/27/20, is now a virtual event that takes place through April 3. Register Here.
- Spring Native Plant Sale at Morven Park, 4/4/20, is postponed. We are exploring our options to reschedule this event .
- A Celebration of Birdsong has been rescheduled from 4/18/20 to 6/20/20.
- Brews for Bees: The Super Pollinators That Run the World, 4/23/20, is postponed.
- Birding by Ear, 5/2/20, is canceled.
- Trails and Ales at Harper’s Ferry Brewing, 5/17/20, is postponed.
- Regular monthly bird walks are canceled through June 10.
- We will not be participating in any outreach events at this time. This includes the Leesburg Flower and Garden Show and other various Earth Day related events.
- All Stream Monitoring data collection surveys for this spring are canceled.
- We will continue to post updates on our website and social media about future events.
Here is a list of impacted programs:
- Youth and Family programs have been postponed.
- The Wild Shop is closed until further notice. Our online store will remain open.
- Audubon-at-Home will not be conducting site visits, but you can still contact us about a future visit or how to certify your property.
This situation is constantly evolving, and we will relay information as we have it available.
As always, please take precautions including practicing good hygiene, social distancing, and if you are sick or showing symptoms of illness, please stay at home. Thank you for your support, and remember that Spring Beauties and Bluebells are blooming, Spring Peepers are calling, butterflies are emerging, and better days lie ahead.