We Need Your Input at Envision Loudoun Workshops in June
Protect the future of Loudoun’s wildlife and habitats NOW.
Input from Envision Loudoun community workshops this June will be incorporated into a new comprehensive plan that will serve as Loudoun County government’s guiding document for years to come, shaping land use, development and transportation. Your input is vital!
We need strong green infrastructure objectives and policies in our new comprehensive plan. Green infrastructure is our life support. A connected system of natural resource assets and open space allows wildlife and people to thrive.
>>Attend one or more Envision Loudoun workshops and tell Loudoun County planners to include the following objectives in the new comprehensive plan:
- Identify, map, protect and enhance an integrated network of ecologically valuable land and surface waters for present and future residents.
- Implement natural resource monitoring programs.
- Protect and restore the ecological integrity of streams, wetlands, forests, fields and steep slopes.
- Provide means and incentives for public and private stewardship of high quality land and water into perpetuity.
- Design and construct buildings and associated landscapes to use energy and land and water resources efficiently and to minimize short- and long-term negative impacts on the environment and residents.
Envision Loudoun Workshops*—Bring your neighbors and friends to one or more of the following:
Monday, June 5
Harper Park Middle School
701 Potomac Station Dr., Leesburg
Wednesday, June 7
Cascades Senior Center
21060 Whitfield Place, Sterling
Monday, June 12
Broad Run High School
21670 Ashburn Road, Ashburn
Tuesday, June 13
Harmony Middle School
38174 W Colonial Hwy., Hamilton
Registration: 7 p.m.; meeting: 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, June 15
Mercer Middle School
42149 Greenstone Drive, Aldie
*Registration at 6:30 p.m., with meeting at 7:00 p.m. unless noted otherwise.