How many volunteers does it take to make the semi-annual Native Plant Sale at Morven Park happen? Although the number varies somewhat, we recruit a minimum of 45 volunteers for each Sale — making it one of Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy’s largest volunteer events. The next Native Plant Sale is April 13, 2024, and we are looking for volunteers to help out. Roles for volunteers include the following:
- Set up by helping to unload the nurseries’ trucks, carrying plants and bringing over materials for the Loudoun Wildlife tables.
- If you are knowledgeable about native plants, provide advice to customers on choosing plants for their gardens.
- Assist the nurseries with miscellaneous tasks during the day.
- Staff the Loudoun Wildlife merchandise and programs tables.
- Count how many people attend the Sale and answer general questions.
- Help direct traffic at the parking lot.
- Take down tables and pack up plants and materials at the end of the Sale.
There are three shifts to choose from: 6:30am to 9:00am; 8:45am to 12:15pm; and noon to 3:30pm, and we will be in touch to arrange shift and assignment after you sign up. You can work a single shift or more than one. It’s always a fun way to spend some time with others who appreciate native plants. Please note that this event does take place rain or shine.