Drive for Charity – A Huge Success
DRIVE FOR CHARITY A HUGE SUCCESS
A new record for local charities: $236,354
May 20, 2011 – Sterling, VA – The Dulles Greenway’s 6th annual Drive For Charity has set a new record for donations with an amazing $236,354 collected on Thursday, May 19, 2011. As always, this money will be donated to great local charities and a local scholarship program.
“The Drive for Charity is always a fantastic event and this year has been unbelievable,” said Tom Sines, CEO of TRIP II, the parent company of the Dulles Greenway. “The commitment Dulles Greenway drivers have to our charity partners are making a real difference in people’s lives. We are proud to be a small part of making Loudoun County a better place.”
Quick Facts about the 2011 Drive for Charity:
– Thursday, May 19, 2011 was the highest traffic day of the year for the Dulles Greenway.
– In six years, the Dulles Greenway has now raised $1,266,810 for local charities and scholarships.
Recipients for 2011 include:
– March of Dimes
– Every Citizen Has Opportunity (ECHO)
– Loudoun Abused Women’s Shelter (LAWS)
– Fresh Air/Full Care
– Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy
– The Dulles Greenway Scholarship Program