Here are some fun Earth Day ideas for things to do to get outdoors and enjoy nature!
• Plant a tree or two at our Habitat Restoration event in the Leesburg this weekend.
• Get into Gardening for Wildlife – plant native and let your garden be a wild place!
• Take your children outside and discover nature – we have lots of field trips planned each month.
• Pick up trash at a local park – there are Great Places in every corner of Loudoun, so you don’t have to go far. Just grab a trash bag and pick up litter as you walk along a trail.
• Visit Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy at our fair booth at the Earthday Family Festival on Sunday.
• Contact our County Supervisors and tell them about environmental issues you care about.
• Join/Donate to Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy. Your steady support helps us preserve and protect wildlife habitat here in Loudoun. Your donation provides funding for our environmental education and outreach efforts, and your membership raises our voice for wildlife when we speak out.
When you join Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy, you:
• Support nature programs and projects local to our community.
• Help expand our environmental education and outreach efforts.
• Stay informed and learn more about local wildlife and plants with our quarterly newsletter, the Habitat Herald.
• Receive invitations to our special events and training opportunities, like our upcoming Annual Meeting, celebrating our 15 years of environmental education and action here in Loudoun.