By Kim Strader Hummingbirds are amazing little birds! They weigh no more than a postage stamp, yet fly at speeds...
The first hint of cooler weather touched Northern Virginia in the overnight hours, suggesting shorter days and the start of...
Yes, it’s true! People in Virginia are starting to see the beautiful Ruby-throated hummingbirds at their feeders. You can track...
By Nicole Hamilton Migration *must* be underway – I say that because in the last two days, I’ve had two...
Here’s the latest map and news from Journey North, the organization that captures sightings from people across the country and...
I wish I could embed this video on the blog but it’s not that kind of link so….. here’s the...
By Nicole Sudduth Our Ruby-throated hummingbirds are here and they’re so much fun to watch throughout the spring and summer!...
The following is a list of favorite hummingbird plants. It includes both native and non-native plants. Also check out our Gardening...
- Herons, Warblers, Bald Eagles and More at Blue Ridge Center
- Join Us for the Butterfly Count on August 6
- Volunteer Spotlight: Sue Robinson
- Father’s Day Walk at Bles Park Finds a Mississippi Kite
- ADVOCACY ALERT: Protect JK Black Oak from Bypass by Emailing Now or Speaking on June 21
- Birdathon Donations Take Flight
- Action Alerts/Advocacy (44)
- Annual Meeting (9)
- Audubon At Home (10)
- Birdathon (37)
- Birds (56)
- Books & Publications (54)
- Citizen Science (121)
- Eagle Cam (18)
- Field Trips (351)
- Fundraising (14)
- Habitat (133)
- Habitat Herald (372)
- Habitat Restoration (105)
- Highlights (47)
- JK Black Oak Wildlife Sanctuary (32)
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy (70)
- Loudoun's Great Places (18)
- Monarchs (51)
- Native Plants (39)
- Nature Quotes (164)
- News & Events (187)
- Species Checklists (6)
- Surveys and Counts (152)
- The Archives (144)
- Uncategorized (85)
- Volunteers (34)
- Wildlife News (239)
- Youth & Family (42)