Dave Thomas and Ian Richardson have been keeping a good watch over the Red-Shouldered Hawks nesting in a tree at...
Red-shouldered Hawks at Leisure World near Lansdowne are raising three chicks this year! Dave Thomas sent over this great shot....
Yesterday, January 22, was our annual Birds of Prey field trip, and it did not disappoint! Laura McGranaghan wrote up...
The saga continues from last year with this family of Red Shouldered Hawks in Lansdowne. Dave Thomas spied this one...
Joe just sent over the field trip report for last Sunday’s Birds of Prey trip – what a great adventure!...
The wild kingdom plays out across our back yards. Joe Coleman sent this over and since it can be rare...
- ADVOCACY ALERT: Protect JK Black Oak from Bypass by Emailing Now or Speaking on July 5
- Herons, Warblers, Bald Eagles and More at Blue Ridge Center
- Join Us for the Butterfly Count on August 6
- Volunteer Spotlight: Sue Robinson
- Father’s Day Walk at Bles Park Finds a Mississippi Kite
- Birdathon Donations Take Flight
- Action Alerts/Advocacy (44)
- Annual Meeting (9)
- Audubon At Home (10)
- Birdathon (37)
- Birds (56)
- Books & Publications (54)
- Citizen Science (121)
- Eagle Cam (18)
- Field Trips (351)
- Fundraising (14)
- Habitat (133)
- Habitat Herald (372)
- Habitat Restoration (105)
- Highlights (48)
- JK Black Oak Wildlife Sanctuary (32)
- Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy (70)
- Loudoun's Great Places (18)
- Monarchs (51)
- Native Plants (39)
- Nature Quotes (164)
- News & Events (187)
- Species Checklists (6)
- Surveys and Counts (152)
- The Archives (144)
- Uncategorized (85)
- Volunteers (34)
- Wildlife News (239)
- Youth & Family (42)