Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy launched a Monarch Butterfly campaign that is crisscrossing Loudoun County and beyond with educational programs, habitat restoration activities, native plant sales, artistic endeavors!
Our campaign has 5 main elements:
1) Sharing the story of the Monarch through community programs, school events, partnerships with other groups and organizations
2) Restoring habitat and planting Monarch Waystations at schools, homes, churches and businesses that will flourish for Monarchs and other wildlife
3) Raising and releasing Monarchs, especially in the late summer and fall
4) Connecting with communities in Mexico where our Monarchs overwinter and supporting restoration efforts there
5) Establishing a recurring program, because this is a marathon, not a sprint.
Learn more about the butterflies and what you can do. Contact us with questions and/or to get involved.