Frequently Asked Questions
How long does my membership last?
Your membership expires on December 31 each year.
How will I know when my membership expires?
Loudoun Wildlife will contact you in the fall. If you have not renewed by mid-winter, we will send you a reminder.
What do I get for my donation
- Habitat Herald newsletter mailed to you
- Members only discounts
- Programs/events email announcement
- Annual meeting invitation
- Donations of $100 or more also are recognized in our annual report
- Leaders Circle benefits include the above as well as:
- Annual VIP reception
- Annual report mailed with special message from the president
- Special invitation to select VIP events
Is my donation tax deductible?
Yes, as allowed by law. Please check with your tax accountant.
How do I claim my dues/donations on my income tax return?
Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your donation. The letter will clearly state that you have received no goods or services for your donation. Please retain this acknowledgement for filing with your taxes. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within a timely manner, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How else can I contribute to Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy?
- Have your employer match your gift. Please ask your employer for a matching gift form. Then just fill in your portion, send it to us and we’ll do the rest. Please keep in mind that many employers will also match gifts even if you are now retired.
- Give a gift membership. It is a great way to introduce friends and relatives to the natural wonders of this area. Consider a gift to a student, to someone moving to the area or as a retirement present.
- When you shop on Amazon, make smile.amazon.com your home page and select Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy as the charity you support. Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase to our organization. For more information, see this page.
- Legacy gifts. Contact email@example.com to discuss how you can make a bequest.