Give the Gift of Nature to Loudoun’s Youth…..Choose Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy!
Loudoun Wildlife is on a mission to expand our Youth & Family Nature Programming. Specifically we need your help underwriting 10 Nature Programs and Field Trips that engage experts in teaching youth about local wildlife & habitats. Our goal is to reach 200 children through programs offered free to our community. Children have a natural love of nature. Won’t you help give them the opportunity to nurture that love?
Please give to Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy and help nature come alive for Loudoun’s children! Mark your Calendars for May 5th – when the giving begins!
News and Highlights
- Birdathon 2015! Our Birdathon is one of the biggest fundraising events that Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy has to raise money for environmental education programs and conservation efforts. The money you raise (or contribute) is a critical part of our success. You can participate in the birdathon by forming your own birding team and raising money or by sponsoring one of the teams.
- Audubon at Home Wildlife Sanctuary Program: Certify your home with us as a wildlife sanctuary! All the steps and certification guidelines are here and we can even help by sending an Audubon Ambassador to your home for consultation.
Summary of Upcoming Events
- Morven Park Nature Walk — Sunday, April 5, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Monarch Butterflies: The Great Migration Underway — Thursday, April 9, 7:00 – 8:00 p.m., North Gate Vineyards.
- Birding Banshee ― Saturday, April 11, 8:00 a.m.
- Spring Wildflowers ― Saturday, April 11, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Balls Bluff.
- Native Bees —Sunday, April 12, 2:00 p.m., Morven Park.
- Native Plant Sale — Saturday, April 18, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., Morven Park.
- Leesburg Flower and Garden Festival ― Saturday, April 18, 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m., and Sunday, April 19, 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The Wood Turtle in Virginia: Conservation of a Slow-Moving Species in a Rapidly Changing Landscape —Thursday, April 23, 7:00 – 9:00 p.m., Morven Park.
- Birding the Blue Ridge Center — Saturday, April 25, 8:00 a.m.
- Birding in Algonkian Nature Preserve — Saturday, April 25, 9:00 – 10:30 a.m.
- League of Women Voters of Loudoun County Annual Meeting — Saturday, April 25, 11:30 a.m.
- Earthday@Loudoun — Sunday, April 26, 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Willow Creek Farm
|Special Thanks to the Dulles Greenway for their generous donation from their annual "Drive for Charity"
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher - April arrival! Photo by Nicole Hamilton.
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.”
- Rachel Carson
Help Keep the Magic Alive!
Click here for more information