|News and Highlights
- Martinis Matter! On Saturday, March 14th, we have a first ever fundraising event planned to help raise funds for our programs. It's called Martinis Matter and is being hosted by River Creek Club in Leesburg. Drink, raffle ticket sales and silent auctions help raise donations for Loudoun Wildlife. Join us for this informal social event where you can have fun, win great prizes and try the evening’s signature martini, The Wild Thing! Attire is "business casual." Raffle tickets start at $5. For more details, visit Martinis Matter.
- Audubon at Home Wildlife Sanctuary Program: Certify your home with us as a wildlife sanctuary! All the steps and certification guidelines are here and we can even help by sending an Audubon Ambassador to your home for consultation.
Summary of Upcoming Events
- Morven Park Nature Walk — Sunday, March 1, 8:00 – 10:00 a.m.
- Stream Monitoring Spring Kickoff — Sunday, March 7, 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Wildlife Camera-Trapping Program and Field Trip — Saturday, March 7, 2:00 p.m., Morven Park.
- Creating a Habitat Garden — Sunday, March 8, 2:00 p.m., Morven Park Carriage Museum.
- Woodcock Outing at the Institute Farm — Tuesday, March 10, 7:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Landscape for Life — 5 class sessions, Thursday afternoons, March 12 thru April 9, 2 – 5pm, Morven Park, Leesburg.
- Vanishing Vernal Pools and the Amphibians That Use Them — Class March 13, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m., Morven Park; Field Trip March 14 or 15, 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Birding Banshee — Saturday, March 14, 8:00 a.m.
- Martinis Matter for Loudoun Wildlife Conservancy —Saturday, March 14, 5:30 - 8:00p.m., Benjamin’s Tavern at River Creek Club
- Amphibian Action at Night: A Family Adventure! — Monday, March 16, 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Birding the Blue Ridge Center — Saturday, March 28, 8:00 a.m.
- Geologic Excursion! — Saturday, March 28, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
|Special Thanks to the Dulles Greenway for their generous donation from their annual "Drive for Charity"
March is the time for mass migrations of amphibians like this Spotted Salamander. Watch the roads & help a friend cross if you can. Photo by Nicole Hamilton.
“Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts.”
- Rachel Carson
Help Keep the Magic Alive!
Click here for more information